Starting Monday, December 10, and running until Friday, December 14, we are pleased to host a virtual panel discussion on scaling-up the use of the GeneXpert MTB/RIF.
In August, the cost of cartridges used in GeneXpert MTB/RIF was reduced by 40% (going from $16.86 to $9.98), and a few days ago PEPFAR announced an additional $11 million to provide up to 150 GeneXpert MTB/RIF instruments and 450,000 test cartridges in 14 high-burden countries (Cote d’Ivoire, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, DRC, Malawi, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria, Zambia, and Burma).
Now is the time to scale-up if we are serious as a community to zero TB. Be part of the solution and join our panelists in drawing practical guidelines for scale-up:
- Fuad Mirzayev and Wayne van Gemert, WHO Stop TB Department
- Elisa Ardizzoni, Médecins Sans Frontières
- Daniela Cirillo, San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Patrick Gomani, Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo - Partners In Health Malawi
- Thomas Shinnick, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Indira Soundiram, Cepheid SAS
To start the discussion, we invite you to reply to this thread and introduce yourself, your work, and share:
- Experiences in planning at the national and regional levels
- Impact of GeneXpert MTB/RIF on patient management, from new diagnostic algorithms to treatment
- Lessons learned with EXPAND-TB
- Training activities and materials for GeneXpert MTB/RIF
Comments and questions related to the use of GeneXpert for increasing TB case finding (including TB/HIV) are also welcome.
We look forward to this discussion. Thank you. Sophie
Link leads to: http://www.ghdonline.org/drtb/discussion/ghdonline-expert-panel-challenges-in-rolling-out-t/
Link leads to: http://www.ghdonline.org/drtb/discussion/ghdonline-expert-panel-challenges-in-rolling-out-t/brief/
Link leads to: http://uwclh.conference2web.com/content/1678/details?from_view=all&view_address=search%3DElisa
Link leads to: http://uwclh.conference2web.com/content/2008/details?from_view=all&view_address=search%3DGilpin
Link leads to: http://www.youtube.com/embed/ma2-tpsMdxc