Expert Panel: Principles and Challenges in Health Innovation
We all know that innovators in health care face a unique set of challenges - from misaligned incentives to regulatory hurdles and truly life-or-death scenarios, the stakes are high. And with millions of Americans gaining access to health care through the Affordable Care Act, the need for innovative solutions that lower costs, increase quality, and improve patient outcomes, has never been greater.
To discuss the current challenges and opportunities in health innovation, we have invited a talented group of health innovators to share their expertise with the community next week, July 15 - 19.
Our panelists include:
* Sam Basta, MD, MMM, FACP, CPE, Founder and President, Healthcare Innovation by Design; Senior Medical Director, Clinical Integration, Sentara Healthcare; and Associate Professor, Internal Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School
* Karen Herzog, Director, Marketing and Social Media Strategy, Valley Design Group and Co-Founder and Executive Director, Sophia's Garden Foundation
* Andrey Ostrovsky, MD, Co-Founder and CEO, Care at Hand, Resident, Boston Combined Residency in Pediatrics, Boston Children's Hospital, Boston Medical Center; Harvard Medical School, Boston University School of Medicine
* Julien Pham, MD, MPH, Founder, RHINNO (Rapid Health Innovation); Faculty, Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School; and Associate Physician, Renal Division, Brigham and Women's Hospital
This panel will be led by GHDonline moderator and Health for America co-founder, Kapil Parakh. Panelists will share their thoughts on:
* The biggest challenges in health innovation
* Opportunities for innovators and gaps to be filled
* Valuable tools and methods for developing and implementing innovations
* Success stories from the field
Please also join us on Monday, July 15th at 3pm EDT for a live-streaming video conversation with our panel, and share your questions and comments for the panel throughout the week - we'll also be sharing key points from the discussion on Twitter (@ghdonline) using the hashtag #ghdinnovation.
(Please note, the video conversation will be recorded and available for viewing immediately following the session at 3pm.)
As we begin our first Expert Panel as part of the US Communities Initiative, we ask for your input on a brief, 4 question survey that will help us understand the impact of our Expert Panels, and how we can improve these panels in the future.
Please take the survey now by visiting: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q5ZNS9K
We hope you will join us in welcoming our panelists, and look forward to your questions and comments on this important topic.