International conference "Nursing education in Africa - Changes and Challenges." Lilongwe, Malawi, 7-8 November 2012
Welcome to the conference Nursing Education in Africa – Changes and Challenges, 7-8 November 2012 at Capital Hotel in Lilongwe, Malawi. We invite you to submit abstracts covering a wide range of themes related to nursing education in African contexts. The deadline for conference registration is 1 October 2012. Please visit the website to register and for details about submission of abstracts and payment. http://www.kirkensnodhjelp.no/en/News/Latest-news/nursing-education-in-africa/
Forum for sharing and exchange:
The purpose of the conference is to create a forum for researchers, educators and policymakers to share experiences and results of research and inquiries, as well as to exchange and explore opportunities and possible synergies for strengthening nursing education in Africa.
Most of the knowledge on nursing education is developed outside Africa and does not necessarily fit the needs and conditions in African contexts. So far there is very little research on nursing education related to African contexts. The conference hopes to inspire and stimulate research in this field.
The conference will also provide an arena for sharing accomplishments of the seven years that the project "Improved Health Training in Malawian Nursing Colleges" has existed highlighting the competences and experiences that have been developed as result of the project.
The conference focuses on a range of different themes related to nurse /midwife education in Africa:
- Motivation, recruitment, retention of qualified personnel
- Curriculum development- in developing countries
- New teaching and learning methodology in nurse/midwife education
- Clinical teaching in Skills Lab and Clinical Situations
- Information knowledge – information literacy
- Democracy, Human Rights and Gender in nurse/midwife education
- Ethics and ethical formation
- Educating Mental health- nurses
- Conflict of cultures in nurse/midwife education
- Management and leadership in nurse/midwife education
- Challenges of North/South and South/South collaboration
Presentations may take the form of papers or posters and there will be interntional key note speakers, paralell sessions, round tables, workshops, posters, social program.
The conference is organized by the network collaboration group consistent of 6 Norwegian university colleges and 14 Malawian colleges in collaboration with CHAM, NNO and NONM.