About Amy Beeson
Role(s) / Profession(s)
Website: http://www.harvard.edu/ Type: Academic Institution Country: United States About: Harvard University was established in 1636 in Cambridge, MA. Harvard University is made up of 11 principal academic units — ten faculties and the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study. The ten faculties oversee schools and divisions that offer courses and award academic degrees.
Socios En Salud - Partners In Health
Website: http://www.pih.org/where/peru/Peru.html Type: Non-Governmental Organization Country: Peru About: Since 1994, PIH’s sister organization in Peru, Socios En Salud (SES), has been treating disease and training community members to provide prevention and care for their neighbors in the shantytowns around Lima. Based in the northern Lima town of Carabayllo, SES is now Peru’s largest non-governmental healthcare organization, serving an estimated population of 700,000 inhabitants, many of whom have fled from poverty and political violence in Peru’s countryside. As a valued partner to Peru's Ministry of Health, SES has also had an impact on national policies for prevention and treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis and HIV and provides important training and support to help implement those policies nationwide.
- United States
- [ARCHIVED] Creating Opportunities for Health Scientists in Disease Endemic Countries
- Global Surgery & Anesthesia
- [ARCHIVED] Managing Health Care Delivery: Your expertise
- MDR-TB Treatment & Prevention
- [ARCHIVED] New Medicines and Novel Approaches for MDR-TB
- [ARCHIVED] Strengthening Health Systems: The Role of NGOs
- Technology for Patient Engagement
- [ARCHIVED] The Updated WHO Policy on Xpert MTB/RIF assay: What is New and How it May Support Implementation
Amy Beeson replied to "Brain drain"
Dr. Guadamuz, Esta conversación y el término "brain drain" se refieren no a un dreno ni un procedimiento que se puede utilizar en condiciones clínicas, sino al fenómeno de la "fuga de cerebros," la realidad que muchos médicos, científicos, y personas con buena formación académica y profesional salen de países ...
None at this time.