About Derek Ritz
Role(s) / Profession(s)
University of Edinburgh
Website: http://www.ed.ac.uk/ Type: Academic Institution Country: United Kingdom About: The University of Edinburgh founded in 1582 is a centre for teaching and research in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
- [ARCHIVED] Connected Health for Providers: Information Technologies to Improve Health Care Delivery
- Diagnostic Error Reduction
- Health IT
- [ARCHIVED] Improving Equity through Health IT in the US and Internationally
- [ARCHIVED] Lessons Learned in India: E-Compliance for TB Treatment by Operation ASHA
- [ARCHIVED] Managing Health Care Delivery: Your expertise
- Quality Improvement Strategies for Ambulatory Care Settings
- Quality & Safety
- [ARCHIVED] Reducing Readmissions, Improving Transitions in Care
- [ARCHIVED] Strengthening Health Systems: The Role of NGOs
- Technology for Patient Engagement
- [ARCHIVED] The Future of Point-of-Care Technologies in Cancer Care
Derek Ritz replied to "Quality Improvement Strategies for Ambulatory Care Settings"
The issue of diagnostic errors is a difficult one for many reasons. This issue is made more difficult by the fact that cognitive errors on the part of the physician can and do lead to diagnostic errors -- but it is (presently) very difficult to address such cognitive errors as ...
Derek Ritz replied to "Technology and Quality"
I would caution against figuring out any new standard. There are a number of standards out there, already -- and they ALL securely exchange health information. The quite organic process of rationalizing these standards is the thing that is happening now... and this is, for us all, a good thing. ...
Derek Ritz replied to "Should Patient Satisfaction Be a Measure of Quality?"
I'm not convinced that good quality services automatically result in high patient satisfaction. Elizabeth's cautions are important -- we definitely should use patient satisfaction measures as one of the dimensions of "quality"... but outcomes are the trump card, in my view. Even in Canada (where I live), there is very ...
Derek Ritz replied to "Introductions"
Hi all. I'm Derek Ritz. I work in health informatics and specialise in health enterprise architecture, eHealth strategy, implementation and adoption. For that last few years I've been working mostly in developing countries as an advisor to ministries of health regarding national-scale eHealth infrastructure (HIE) initiatives. I have some expertise ...
Derek Ritz replied to "Change of practice results in improved quality of care"
Hi Bistra. I think there actually is some really good evidence regarding the ways training (or knowledge transfer, generally) can impact health outcomes. I did a search to find a bunch of WHO resources that I remember arising out of conference they had in 2005 or so; I found what ...
None at this time.