About Dipika Gaur
Role(s) / Profession(s)
Website: http://faceaids.org/ Type: Non-Governmental Organization Country: United States About: FACE AIDS, “a student campaign to fight AIDS in Africa”, consists of over 111 chapters across the United States, and has initiatives in Rwanda and Zambia. In Eastern Rwanda, FACE AIDS employs 91 members of two associations of people living with HIV/AIDS or caring for a family member living with HIV/AIDS. Members make beaded AIDS awareness pins that are used in education and fundraising campaigns in the US. The associations make the pins for 6 months, saving some of their income from the project into a group savings account. At the end of 6 months, FACE AIDS provides small-business training and helps the associations transition into more sustainable income-generating activities.
- United States
- [ARCHIVED] Adherence & Retention
- Endemic Non-Communicable Diseases
- Global Health Nursing & Midwifery
- Global Surgery & Anesthesia
- Health IT
- [ARCHIVED] HIV Prevention
- HIV Treatment & Prevention
- Integrating M&E for Health Systems Strengthening - April 2-6 2012
- Malaria Treatment & Prevention
- MDR-TB Treatment & Prevention
- Strengthening Health Systems: The Role of NGOs - November 7-11 2011
- TB Infection Control
No recent activity at this time.
- None at this time.