About Elhassan Elhassan
Name: Elhassan Mohammed Elhassan. (MD). (PhD)
Address: Faculty of Medicine - University of Gezira. P.O.Box (20). Wad Medani, Sudan
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +249511842669 Fax: +249511843415. Mobile: +249912945404
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Faculty of Medicine - University of Gezira, 1989.
- Permanent Registration, Sudanese Medical Council 1991.
- Part I in Gynecology and Obstetrics - University of Khartoum (First part) 1994.
- Part I in gynecology and obstetrics - the Royal College (MRCOG first part) 1994.
- M.D. and PhD in Gynecology and Obstetrics - University of Gezira, 1997.
- Scientific Research Professor, University of Gezira.
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine - University of Gezira.
- Senior Consultant Scientist, Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Tertiary Maternity Teaching Hospital.
October 1994, the first part of M.D, Royal College (UK) and University of Khartoum.
October 1994, Part I for M.D, University of Gezira.
October 1994 - November 1997, registrar in Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Gezira.
November 1997 - August 1998 Specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics Wad Medani Teaching
August 1998 to 2004 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine - University of Gezira and consultant
at Wad Medani Teaching Hospital.
Distinguished and Awarded by the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of
Medicine-University of Gezira achieving the top score of M.D and the highest cumulative GPA
(3.82) since the start of school till graduation (eight semesters).
Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Faculty of Medicine July 2005.
Professor of obstetrics and gynecology since July2009.
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist.
Chairman of Quality Control Committee, Wad Medani Teaching Hospital since 2003 to 2009.
Chairman of hospital-acquired infection Committee 2003 till now.
Chairman of infection Control Committee Wad Medani Hospital from 2003 till now.
Chairman of hospital-acquired infection Committee since 2003 till now.
Acting chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Faculty of Medicine - University
of Gezira in February 2005, June 2006, and October 2007.
Medical Director of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wad Medani Teaching
Hospital, October 1994 - November 1997.
Academic Burden and Capacity Building:
• Awarded by the Government and the University for Scientific Innovations on Drugs and Health.
• Develops the Capacity built of department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
• Participate in the teaching of the faculty of Applied Science and the training of students in anesthesia
and nursing, Faculty of Dentistry, specialists and the registrars - University of Gezira.
• Participated in the decision of the Arabization of the clinical practice of Obstetrics and Gynecology,
genitourinary system, growth and development and assessment of exam. Tools.
• Coordinator of the training program of midwives, nurses, the Ministry of Health, Wad Medani
Hospital by teaching, training, testing and evaluating and leave certificates, 2003 - 2007.
• Supervisor and coordinator of the technical diploma program, Intermediate Diploma and Bachelor of
Midwifery, - Academy of Health Sciences, the Ministry of Health
• Member of the Committee of the Protocol of Treatment –Wad MedaniTeaching Hospital
• Coordinated the development of policies proposed for ethics of scientific research sponsored by
Federal Ministry of Health in December 2009 and training program for general practitioners in
emergency situations in gynecology and obstetrics since 2005
• External examiner at (26) National and Regional Universities
International Council of Science (ICSU), Regional Committee of Africa (RCA) as nominated
member for 3 years (2011-2013). Tropical Diseases Research to Foster Innovation & Knowledge
Application (TROPIKA.NET). The initiative of communicable diseases, poverty (South-South
initiative for infectious disease of poverty). Initiative to Strengthen Health Research Capacity in
Africa (ISHReCA). Advanced Research Initiative in the South to South of Infectious Diseases and
poverty (S-S.I) and (Letter of Intent.). Global Forum for Health Research. Global Forum for Health
Research. Global Forum for Health Research: Innovation of health for all in November. (Havana -
Cuba). The Lancet Journal Online Submission and Peer Review Website. The site of Biomedicine
Central.(BioMed Central) . Site of news nature and telemedicine (Natural News) Website. Site of
hospital Built. (Hospital Built Congress). Clinical excellence site. (Clinical Excellence Asia). Site of
survey and primary health care conferences (Abu Dhabi), survey on topics of interest for the primary
health care. The Millennium Development Goals in October 2009. The network of science and
International Development. (Science and Development Network). Head of Information media,
Electronic Library and Network at Wad Medani Teaching Hospital. The Professional Association of
Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Sudan. International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
(FIGO). Web site for African malaria (AMANET TRUST). The initiative of the African Malaria
(MIM-PAN AFRICAN). The initiative of the Federal Ministry of Health to develop policies to ethics
of scientific research. Association of harmful traditional practices. General Assembly of the Safe
Motherhood Initiative. Registration Committee of misoprostol drug at Federal Ministry of Health, by
the Association of Obstetrics and Gynecology specialist Sudan. Curriculum Review Committee,
Faculty of Medicine - University of Gezira.Research Committee of the of the development of medical
education and research. Research Advisory Sub-Committee for the development of medical education
and research. Scientific Council of the Academy of Health Sciences, the Ministry of Health- Gezira
State. Board of Directors of Wad Medani Teaching Hospital. University of Gezira Senate. Family
Planning Association, the Sudanese branch of Wad Medani. Board of Diploma of Family Medicine.
National Protocol Drafting Committee to address the emergency in Obstetrics.
Participations in scientific seminars:
Participated in (103) International, Regional and National Seminars in scientific research and research
Participated by (82) presentations on International, Regional and National Conferences in scientific
research and research development and Capacity Building
- Published (64) Health Research Articles in International and Regional peer reviewed Journals
and (3) Books as co- author
- Reviewer of several journals
Other scientific publications (revised):
- Got (85) short articles, commentaries and views of research to the Committee of African initiative to
improve and strengthen the scientific research. (Initiatives of Strengthening Health Research
Capacity in Africa 2010). (Troika Net) (Sci Dev) and others
- 2009 Participated, by invitation of the WHO Reproductive Health Research to include his researches
in the critical analysis of the (Cochrane review) to study sublingual misoprostol drug.
- 2009 Participated in (online telecommunication by invitation of the World Global Forum for Health
Research Network. (TropIKA.net)
- 2009 involved as an expert in the drafting of the curriculum Book of technical Midwifery including
four classes to achieve the degree.
- 2009, participated in the drafting of the curriculum Book of Bachelor of midwifery, which included
(8Classes) to achieve the degree.
- 2009, member of the committee of experts that evaluated and revised and edited the latest version of
the document to approach technical Midwifery and Bachelor of Midwifery (Final Versions)
Role(s) / Profession(s)
- Regional Adviser
University of Gezira
Website: http://uofg.edu.sd/ Type: Academic Institution Country: Sudan
As a response to a kind request from Maggie Sullivan, who stated that; (Would you feel comfortable cross-posting this on the GHDonline/nursing website also? I think it's an intriguing topic and I would be curious to hear more feedback. Also, an important topic to include). For Maggie and decent colleges, ...
Elhassan Elhassan replied to "Expert Panel: How to train nursing leaders - bridging the divide between nurses who provide direct patient care and nurse managers in order to improve health care systems." in the Global Health Nursing & Midwifery community.
Thanks, Maggie Sullivan for storming such vital discussion. The issue of Leadership is spearheaded in all recent advances and development including the science-based initiative, approach or concept. All academic bodies and institutes are very much concerned with Leadership. As a professional working in health service, research and teaching in a ...
Elhassan Elhassan replied to "Overdiagnosis and mistreatment of malaria among febrile patients at primary healthcare level in Afghanistan: observational study" in the Malaria Treatment & Prevention community.
Thanks Sophie Beauvais for storming such important topic in (GHD), I agree with you that the issue is crucial and needs emphasis. It is a fact that sting blood film to diagnose malaria may be confusing especially in Sub- Saharan countries lie mine, the fact that shows the importance of ...
As many people have tended to attribute maternal deaths in to poor attitude of midwives, negligence, absenteeism and stealing according to the writer, is well known and we have to combat this fraud blame not to grow, because the life style is becoming tough and rough, people getting more problematic. ...
Being a researcher in maternal, prenatal and neonatal morbidity and mortality and a citizen of Sudan. I see the situation of Education of Professional Nurses and Midwives in the world is disastrous and it had been so for so many decades. We have got institutes, initiatives, moves, networking and frameworks. ...
- None at this time.