About Patrick Whang
Role(s) / Profession(s)
- Procurement/Supply chain Professional
Partners In Health - PIH
Website: http://www.pih.org/ Type: Non-Governmental Organization Country: United States About: Partners In Health, co-founded by physicians Paul Farmer and Jim Yong Kim, serves millions of poor patients in nine countries, providing them with extensive health care and social services that address the root causes of poor health. By successfully proving that providing comprehensive, community-based medical care for complex diseases such as AIDS and tuberculosis is not just possible but essential, the organization has helped bring about significant changes in global health policies and practices.
- United States
- [ARCHIVED] Adherence & Retention
- Endemic Non-Communicable Diseases
- Global Health Nursing & Midwifery
- Global Surgery & Anesthesia
- [ARCHIVED] HIV Prevention
- HIV Treatment & Prevention
- Integrating M&E for Health Systems Strengthening - April 2-6 2012
- Malaria Treatment & Prevention
- MDR-TB Treatment & Prevention
- Strengthening Health Systems: The Role of NGOs - November 7-11 2011
- TB Infection Control
Patrick Whang started a discussion "Article: Where ER Doctors Work Entirely Via Webcam". in the Global Surgery & Anesthesia community.
New way to do e-medicine? Interesting article about using skype or internet based webcam to manage emergency procedures. http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/12/where-er-doctors-work-entirely-via-skype/265935/
- None at this time.