About Victoria Smith
Role(s) / Profession(s)
Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo - Partners In Health
Website: http://pih.org/where/Malawi/Malawi.html Type: Non-Governmental Organization Country: Malawi About: In early 2007, PIH and its newest partner organization, Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (APZU), started treating patients and training community health workers in the southwestern corner of Malawi. Apwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (APZU) combines treatment for HIV patients with comprehensive, community-based health care and programs to combat the conditions of extreme poverty in which disease takes root, including hunger and lack of access to clean water and decent housing, schools and livelihoods.
- Endemic Non-Communicable Diseases
- Global Health Nursing & Midwifery
- [ARCHIVED] HIV Prevention
- HIV Treatment & Prevention
- Integrating M&E for Health Systems Strengthening - April 2-6 2012
- Malaria Treatment & Prevention
- MDR-TB Treatment & Prevention
- Strengthening Health Systems: The Role of NGOs - November 7-11 2011
- TB Infection Control
Thanks so much for sharing this Sheila! (It's funny to see you on here--I actually used to work at GI-NET and remember your name from the fellowship!) I found the suggestion about private sector financing for cost-saving community health programs to be really interesting--I would love to know if you ...
- None at this time.