Dear YP-CDN Community,
Just a reminder to please RSVP by July 4 to for the Young Professionals Forum for Action on NCDs on July 9th in New York City, a discussion on international trade and health. The event will take place at Griffis Faculty Club, Weill Cornell Medical College (521 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10065), and all are most welcome to attend!
About the event:
In advance of the UN Review on NCDs, YP-CDN will bring together emerging leaders and foremost experts in the fields of health, law, and economics to join the discourse around trade agreements and their impacts on health, specifically NCDs. Within this dialogue, we will explore critical questions around the current state of international trade and health:
• How can interest groups (e.g. tobacco control, access to
medicines, food and alcohol) collaborate to ensure a trade
agenda that prioritizes health for all?
• How can trade policy support the global 25x25 NCD goals?
• How can the next generation drive change?
As a result of the forum, we will review and put forth the Young Professionals Declaration on Trade and NCDs, a statement for results-oriented action toward prioritizing health on the international trade agenda.
• Peter Maybarduk, JD, Public Citizen
• Benn McGrady, PhD, O’Neill Institute, Georgetown University
• Ashley Schram, PhD(c), University of Ottawa
• James Love, MPA, Knowledge Ecology International
• Gregg Haifley, JD, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
• Anthony So, MD, MPH, Duke University
• Ariella Rohjani, NCD Alliance, YP-CDN
For more information, please visit ncdaction.org or contact Jordan Jarvis or myself directly.
I hope to see you there!