Welcome to this week-long expert panel discussion on managing second line anti-TB drugs (SLD). Starting today, we invite you to ask questions and share your experiences on this topic with our group of panelists led by Dr. Masoud Dara, Team Leader of the Tuberculosis Programme in the Division of Communicable Diseases, Health Security & Environment at WHO Europe, and GHDonline Moderator:
- Dr Lucica Ditiu, Executive secretary StopTB Partnership
- Dr Kaspars Lunte, Team Leader MDR TB supply WHO-Global Drug Facility
- Dr Ernesto Jaramillo, WHO HQ, policy guidance and palliative care
Portfolio Manager of the Global Fund Mrs. Sandra Irbe will also join the discussion.
Feel free to answer some of these initial questions:
- What issues do you face with the supply of SLD? Are there big time lags between order and delivery for example?
- Have you been affected by price increases of SLD and what is the impact on your work?
- How are you funding drug procurement for MDR-TB?
- What does the cancellation of Round 11 mean to you, your program, and for the population you care for?
- Are you applying to the TFM and if so how do you prioritize funding request?
We look forward to the conversation and please invite colleagues to join. Thank you.
Link leads to: http://www.stoptb.org/gdf/drugsupply/psmtools.asp
Link leads to: http://erc.msh.org/toolkit/toolkitfiles/file/TB-Primary-Level-Guide-April-2008_final-English.pdf
Link leads to: http://www.theglobalfund.org/en/application/