I hope this message finds you well. I’m writing to invite you and your colleagues to submit an abstract or simply attend the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s (IHI’s) first Africa Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare, to be held in Durban, South Africa from 19 to 21 February 2018.
Featuring presenters from throughout Africa and across the globe, this bold new three-day conference has been specifically designed to address the unique challenges faced by the health care community living and working in Africa. Attendees will learn from innovative quality improvement initiatives that have improved health outcomes in Africa, and have the opportunity to extensively network with your peers to share successes and challenges.
Keynotes will feature esteemed leaders including:
• Muhammad Pate, MD, Former Minister of Health, Nigeria
• Don Berwick, MD, MPP, President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, IHI, USA
• Vuyiseka Dubula, General Secretary of the Treatment Action Campaign, South Africa
• Sodzi Sodzi-Tettey, MD, MPH, Head of Africa Region, IHI
The full conference program is now online at ihi.org/AfricaForum.
Mark your calendars to join us in Durban on 19–21 February and learn how to make a difference in quality and safety.
• Register now and take advantage of the early bird special--$400 for all three days (SAVE $50)
• Submit your abstract for display as a storyboard at the Africa Forum – deadline for submissions is August 18
• If you’re not ready to enroll, we can save your spot
Please help us spread the word about this exciting conference by forwarding this note to your colleagues and friends. I hope to see you in Durban in February 2018.
Links to the program and submission page are below:
Yours in health,
Patty Devine Webster, MPH
Faculty & Improvement Advisor
Institute for Healthcare Improvement