This Community is Archived.
Welcome to YP-CDN!
Our mission is to mobilize a global community of young leaders to take action against the social injustices driving and driven by non-communicable diseases (NCDs) like cancer and diabetes.
Now that you are a discussion member of our GHDonline community, please also register as a full member at ypchronic.org
- Connect with a vast network of people working to combat NCDs around the world
- Identify real opportunities to tackle local and global NCD social injustices
- Find and share active advocacy campaign notifications and participation options
- Access the most up-to-date NCD news, policy, research, and career opportunities
- Learn best practices in public health and policy advocacy from leaders in the field
Take up your stethoscope, your microscope, or your voice.
Moderators of Young Professionals Chronic Disease Network and GHDonline staff
From Tom Frieden, director of US CDC
What is the appropriate role of governmental public health action? Law and
public opinion recognize protection of health and safety as a core
government function, but public health actions are sometimes characterized
as inappropriately intrusive. Such criticism has a long history, but today
we accept many public health measures that were once considered misguided,
intrusive, or controversial. Public health initiatives include efforts to
promote free and open information to facilitate informed decision making,
protect individuals from being harmed by other individuals and groups, and
facilitate societal action to promote and protect health...